Post by Aine Davis
Who doesn’t love macaroons? My belly…that’s who! Macaroons were my favourite, favourite, favourite dessert. Unfortunately, regular macaroons are chock-full of egg white. Yuck!
So, I took it upon myself to create my own! And after many trials and tribulations, I present to you: the most delicious and delectable vegan macaroon recipe I have to offer.
Whole Food Almond Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups of almonds
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup tapioca
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp agave (add more if you’d like them extra sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp water
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Blend the almonds in a food processor and pulse until a fine powder has been reached.
3) Mix the almond powder together with the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl.
4) Add the agave syrup, vanilla extra and coconut oil. Whisk together with fork.
5) Add the water one tablespoon at a time until the dough is sticky to the touch.
6) Roll the dough into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Spread the balls out on a lined baking sheet.
7) Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 12 macaroons.
Enjoy! Try eating the macaroons accompanied with a mug of our vegan eggnog.