I may not miss drinking regular milk, but I do miss milkshakes. I used to do this disgusting thing where I’d dip onion rings into a chocolate milkshake from Harvey’s. Whatever, it was delicious.
Follow this recipe, whip up a milkshake for your vegan beau and he/she will be begging to kiss you under the mistletoe. Guaranteed.
Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan)
- 3 scoops dark chocolate Coconut Bliss ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened light original almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract, agave syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 20 pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup ice, crushed
1) Combine ice, ice cream, almond milk, coconut milk, and vanilla extract (or sweetener) in a blender for 30 seconds until smooth and frothy.
2) Carefully add peppermint extract. Taste after every drop to ensure that you don’t add too much, or else your milkshake might be too bitter. 1 tbsp should suffice.
3) Pour milkshake into glasses or mugs. Sprinkle the coconut and pomegranate seeds on top. Enjoy!
Life Tip: You should listen to this while making your drink. Obviously.