I love tea. Tea is not only delicious but it is a comforting ritual for moments when you need a bit of relaxation or some zen time, especially when it’s so cold outside. Lately I have been trying out some new herbs that have great healing properties (hello, cold and flu season). These herbs are very inexpensive, easily found, and can be mixed together to create your own yummy fusion.
Healing Properties: Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory, heals upset stomachs, and soothes sore throats.
- Raw Ginger (sliced or grated), as much or as little as you’d like
- Lemon juice
- Dried Rose Petals
- 2 – 3 cups boiling water
- Grate, slice or cube ginger.
- Simmer in a pot for 5-7 minutes.
For a mild ginger tea steep in a mug for same amount of time.
Healing Properties: Increases circulation, warming the body from the inside out. Wards of headaches.
- 1 tsp Rosemary (dried or fresh)
- Agave to taste
- 2 -3 cups boiling water
- Place rosemary in cup or tea pot and pour boiling water over top, steep for about 2 minutes.
Healing Properties: Promotes Relaxation and alleviates stress. Calms a nervous stomach and relieves menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile flowers
- Lemon juice
- 2 -3 cups water
- Boil water in a pot. Add in chamomile flowers.
- Bring to a boil and let steep for about 3 minutes and let cool before drinking.
Healing Properties: Corrects digestive issues, relieves stress, boots immune system, settles and upset stomach, combats nerves.
- Peppermint (dry)
- Green Tea
- Boil water in a pot. Add in peppermint and green tea leaves.
- Boil for about 2 minutes
- Strain and enjoy!