We’ve done it! We’ve figured out a delectable and healthy way to satisfy your chocolate cryings!
These no-bake babies are free of any oils, artificial sugars, gluten or animal products. We replaced all of these nasty ingredients with dates, which provide the body with a variety of vitamins and minerals. They’re killer sources of energy, natural sugar and fibre.
(Recipe has been adapted from The Minimalist Baker)
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts, pecans, or nut of your choice
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp finely ground organic direct-trade coffee
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground.
- Add raw cacao powder and ground coffee to mixture and continue to combine with food processor. Set mixture aside in separate bowl.
- Process dates separately, then add mixture back to food processor and pulse until a dough-like texture is reached. Stir additional nuts, coconut and vanilla extract into batter.
- Pour batter into a lined square cake pan. Spread evenly.
- Chill brownies in fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour. Serve cold.
Enjoy! Makes about 12 brownies.