I’m a sucker for pad thai. Always have been, always will be! Here’s a recipe for a raw pad thai dish that’s vegan-friendly and much healthier than its calorie-loaded counterpart.
CREAMY ZUCCHINI NOODLE RAW PAD THAI
- 2 medium zucchini, either finely hand-sliced or spiralized
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/4 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 standard avocado, ripe
- 1 handful raw cashews
- 1 handful raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful raw sesame seeds
- Dash of raw Himalayan salt
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
1) Create zucchini “noodles” by using a spiralizer or simply hand-slicing finely into long thin pieces. Prep all vegetables and toss in a large bowl to combine.
2) Whisk raw almond butter, garlic, lemon and maple syrup together in a bowl. If desired, add water until desired thickness is reached. Pour dressing over combined vegetables.
3) Top with seeds and nuts.
Serves 1-2. Enjoy! This dish is light, refreshing, and perfect for Summer.