I woke up late and was craving something decadent, sweet, and salty all at once. I didn’t feel like bothering with a complicated recipe, so I threw a bunch of things in a blender. I’m lucky that the results turned out perfectly. Two cheers for laziness!
- 1 cup pitted dates (no need to soak)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp raw agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw crystal salt or sea salt
- 1 handful raw walnuts, chopped
1) Combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
2) Spoon bite-sized balls onto plate lined with parchment paper. Press each down with fork. Top with additional walnut crumbs, cacao nibs and coconut flakes if desired.
3) Let cookies set in fridge for 4-6 hours.
Serve chilled. Should make 12 cookies but I ate too much of the batter. Whoops!