By contributor Alexandra Courts
I am absolutely obsessed with avocado. Avocados contain ‘good’ fats, are a source of dietary fibre, reduce cholesterol, and help the body absorb nutrients. They’re incredibly versatile too, so I thought it’d be fun to incorporate avocado directly into a recipe instead of as a garnish! Ingredients…
- 8oz box brown rice linguine (or any gluten-free pasta of your choice)
- 2 medium avocados, ripe
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil. Following the box’s instructions, cook pasta until tender. Drain and set aside.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread pine nuts out evenly. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut avocado in half and scoop its “meat” out. Blend avocado, handful of toasted pine nuts, garlic, basil, lemon juice, and salt until combined thoroughly.
- Toss pasta in freshly blended sauce. Sprinkle remaining pine nuts and nutritional yeast on top.
Serve immediately. Makes 2 large portions.