By contributor Megan Stulberg
I left my grocery list at home the other day while picking up pizza ingredients and, of course, forgot to buy gluten-free flour. I was pretty bummed, but then I stumbled across a package of corn tortillas in my kitchen that made quite the delicious crust substitute!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 cups tomatoes (fresh or canned), chopped
- 2 cups raw spinach, shredded
- 1 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1/3 cup raw mushrooms, diced
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- In a large saucepot, add a splash of olive oil. Once heated, add garlic and onion. Sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to saucepot. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly until fluid consistency has been reached. Cool and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lined baking sheet, lay out corn tortillas. Evenly spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on each tortilla. Add Daiya, pineapple, spinach, mushrooms and any additional toppings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust has crisped and toppings have melted.
Makes 2 servings (2 tortillas each). Enjoy!