From contributor Aine Davis
I am madly, truly, deeply in love with Italian food. After visiting Italy a few summers ago, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about all of the rich and flavourful foods I devoured abroad.
I recently whipped up this dish for a romantic evening with my “fidanzato” and the results were to die for. Use my following recipe for a hearty dish that takes only 15 minutes to make:
- 1 box rice pasta
- 4 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large head of garlic (roughly 10 cloves)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Boil water in large pot on stovetop.
- Place basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes in blender or food processor. Combine until smooth.
- Following box’s instructions, cook pasta accordingly. Drain, then mix thoroughly with pesto.
Serve immediately on a bed of arugula. Makes 4 large portions.