These little babies are gluten-free, vegan, low FODMAP, soy-free and no bake! Try our recipe to add something sweet to your next picnic, summer potluck or backyard BBQ.
For the crust:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance soy-free “butter”
For the filling:
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 can regular coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lined baking sheet, evenly spread out shredded coconut. Bake in oven for 4-6 minutes until lightly toasted and golden brown in colour.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together coconut, graham cracker crumbs, pecans and “butter”.
- Loosely line a cupcake tray with cling wrap. Scoop 1 tbsp of graham cracker mixture into each mould. Press down with fingers to ensure crust is tightly packed. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Blend all filling ingredients together until a thick and creamy consistency has been reached. Let chill in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove crusts and filling from fridge. Pour filling into crusts. Top with additional graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut, raw cacao nibs and pecan pieces.
- Leave in fridge for an additional hour.
Serve chilled and garnish with seasonal fruit. Makes 12 small tarts.