Want a quick, easy and healthy way to combine all of your favourite ingredients into one meal? Wrap ’em up in rice papers!
- 1 250g package tempeh
- 1/2 package rice paper sheets
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 1 bunch alfalfa sprouts
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch chives
- Wash and dry all vegetables thoroughly, then slice into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Slice tempeh into thin pieces or larger chunks if desired.
- Heat a dash of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Once it sizzles, place tempeh strips into pan and season with salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice. Flip tempeh regularly until both sides are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To prepare the rice paper sheets, fill a large bowl with warm water. Individually soak each sheet until malleable. Lay the sheet flat on a kitchen towel or cutting board. Line up all ingredients on centre of sheet.
- To wrap, fold both sides in and then fold down the top. From the bottom, roll up to the top and seal the wrap securely. A touch of water can be added if necessary.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each wrap. Serve with your favourite dip — we used plum sauce! Enjoy.
Yields 6 rolls (2-3 servings).