Post by Aine Davis
No turkey? No problem! But seriously, what kind of Thanksgiving meal would be complete without stuffing?
- 2 loaves of gluten-free bread (check ingredients for dairy/egg)
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 flax “eggs” (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp poultry seasoning (vegan)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In advance, cut bread into 1 inch cubes and place in bowl. Let bread sit uncovered overnight to harden.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large saucepan, sautée onions and garlic in vegetable oil on medium heat until translucent.
- Add chopped celery and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Mix vegetable stock with bread cubes together in a large bowl until the cubes are thoroughly moist. If desired, add additional vegetable stock.
- Add vegetables, flax “eggs” and seasonings to bread bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Grease or line a standard muffin tin. Fill each cup with batter accordingly.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until browned. Test with toothpick.
Makes 12 muffins.
Serve with Megan’s Chunky Mushroom Gravy!