By contributor Alexandra Courts
This key lime pie recipe of mine is raw, gluten-free and vegan! And since it’s no bake, it’s a snap to make! What’s not to like?
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice (from 4-5 limes)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- In a high-speed blender, blend the raw almonds. Add the remaining crust ingredients and blend until combined.
- Line an 8 inch round cake pan with plastic wrap. Press the mixture into the pan to form the crust.
- Blend all of the filling ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust. Level the mixture with a spatula and place pie in freezer for about an hour or until it has set.
- Let the pie thaw before slicing. Serve and enjoy! Keep leftovers in fridge.
Makes 1 pie (about 6 servings)