Recipe by Aine Davis
You’re dairy-free, and your cheese cravings over Christmas are getting out of control? No problem!
Note: Be sure to prepare this dish one day in advance.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Soak cashews for an hour. Drain and rinse.
- Place cashews in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add garlic, nutritional yeast, rosemary, thyme, and salt. Continue to process.
- Add lemon juice. The mixture should be thick and malleable. If the mixture is too wet, add more nutritional yeast.
- Scoop mixture out onto large piece of wax paper. With wax paper, use hands to shape mixture into a ball.
- Leave cheese ball in the fridge overnight to harden.
- Serve on large plate with additional garnish. I paired mine with Mary’s gluten-free seed crackers!
Serves 4 (appetizer-sized portions)