By contributor Alexandra Courts
I’m not a huge fan of gluten-free bread, but sometimes I do miss being able to snack on peanut butter and jam sandwiches! These mousse tarts incorporate nothing but healthy and natural ingredients, making them equally appropriate for both dessert and breakfast.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (alternatively can use raw almond or raw cashew butter, if preferred)
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberry or raspberry jam (organic if possible)
- Combine crust ingredients (dates, almonds, coconut) in a high-speed blender until incorporated.
- Line 1 standard cupcake pan with plastic wrap and press the mixture tightly into bottom of each cup.
- Blend filling ingredients (cashews, nut butter, coconut milk and maple syrup) in blender until very smooth.
- Pour filling mixture into cups, equally coating each mini crust.
- Place tray in freezer for 1 hour to allow filling to set.
- Remove cups from pan and allow to thaw for 30 minutes.
- Top each tart with dollop of jam. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 cupcake-sized tarts.