Recipe by Megan Stulberg
I worked a brief stunt in appetizer and dessert preparation at Swiss Chalet when I was in high school. That being said, I couldn’t touch a Caesar salad for years afterwards. Now I’m absolutely hooked to the vegan version! Yeah, I don’t understand it either.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight + drained)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or other natural sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed food processor until thoroughly combined. Taste and add more garlic or seasoning if desired.
2. Leave dressing in fridge for one hour to set. Add more water if the dressing becomes too thick.
2. Toss kale (or lettuce, but it’s 2015 and that’s boring) in dressing. Top with nutritional yeast flakes and raw walnuts.