Recipe by contributor Megan Stulberg
I picked up a tub of dates and a bag of almonds from the grocery store on my way home last night, then improvised the rest with whatever I could find in my kitchen! This dessert is raw, gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, no bake, and extremely easy to make.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup parnoosh pitted dates, soaked overnight
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic agave nectar (can substitute maple syrup/other natural sweetener of your choice)
- After soaking, drain dates and almonds.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine dates and almonds until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add cacao powder, nibs, coconut oil and agave nectar. Continue blending.
- Line standard cupcake tray with plastic wrap.
- Scoop batter into cups and compact each by pressing down with a fork.
- Top each tart with two raw almonds as garnish.
- Leave in freezer for 12 hours to set.
- Carefully remove tarts from tray. Let thaw in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving (leftovers can be kept frozen).
Serve cold. Makes 6 tarts — 5 are pictured, but that’s because I ate roughly one sixth of the batter. Oops!