By contributor Megan Stulberg
I’m finally making use of the handheld vegetable spiralizer my mum got me for Christmas. She is such a doll for always putting up with my dietary restrictions. This recipe is super simple, healthy, and only takes 5 minutes to make!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup kelp noodles
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
1) Use a spiralizer to create zucchini “noodles”. Follow this guide if you are unsure how to use the tool. Alternatively, you can use a knife to slice the zucchini length-wise into long, thin strips for a similar effect.
2) Toss zucchini, kelp noodles, lemon juice and alfalfa sprouts in large bowl.
3) Cut each cherry tomato in half.
4) Plate the noodle mixture. Top with cherry tomatoes, nutritional yeast and chia seeds.
Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.