By contributor Alexandra Courts
Ch-ch-ch-chia! Chia seeds are packed with fibre and healthy omega-3 fats.
For the base…
- 1.5 cups medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
For the chia jam…
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp white chia seeds
For the topping…
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Line a 9-inch square cake pan (bottom and sides) with plastic wrap.
- For the base: blend raw almonds, shredded coconut, cacao powder and flax meal. Add dates and blend until combined.
- Pack and level base mixture with fork tightly into bottom of pan.
- For the chia jam: blend raspberries, maple syrup, and water. Pour mixture into small bowl and mix with white chia seeds. Set jam aside in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour until mixture obtains a gel consistency.
- For the topping: process ingredients listed above in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Remove jam from fridge and spread evenly across panned crust.
- Add topping layer. Top with frozen raspberry chunks. Let pan sit in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove dessert from pan. Let sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy! Leftovers can be frozen.