Post by Megan Stulberg
I did it! I finally got around to making a vegan version of Nutella. I ate the whole jar within no more than three days: on sliced banana, on toast, in smoothies and by the spoonful.
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond milk (homemade if possible)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional, for crunchy texture)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dash of pink Himalayan crystal salt
- Combine hazelnuts and dates in a high-speed food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue blending until a thick, spreadable consistency has been reached.
- Transfer mixture to mason jar or other storage container. Let sit in fridge at least one hour before serving.