Post by Megan Stulberg
(Posted in advance on our Instagram here)
I made these in an effort to procrastinate studying for my final exams last month. Mission accomplished! Totally worth that B+.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp water
- If you did not buy pre-shredded carrots, place carrots (after washing thoroughly and slicing into small pieces) in high-speed blender or food processor and combine until finely chopped.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue processing. Add a teaspoon of water slowly as required.
- Line a square baking tray (I used a rectangular tupperware container) with plastic wrap. Pour “batter” into tray and press down tightly and evenly with a fork. Top with additional shredded coconut.
- Let cake sit in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once firm, remove from freezer and pop cake out of pan by pulling edges of plastic wrap.
- Use a large, sharp knife to slice the cake into triangle pieces. Place pieces on lined plate and return to freezer for 2 hours to fully set.
Let thaw before serving. Makes approximately 12 servings.