Post by Megan Stulberg
(Posted in advance on our Instagram here)
I made this in an attempt to win a boy’s heart. It didn’t work, but at least I fell in love with this pie instead!
For the crust…
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
For the filling…
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup organic almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping…
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Process dates and walnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture into a springfoam pan or food storage container lined with plastic wrap. Press mixture down firmly with a fork until tightly packed. Place in freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Place all filling ingredients (except cacao powder) in blender and blend until creamy in consistency. Pour half of the filling directly onto crust and smooth out evenly with a spoon. Place in freezer to set.
- Add cacao powder and continue blending. Feel free to add more cacao by the tablespoon if you prefer a richer chocolate taste. Pour rest of filling on pie.
- Slice banana into thin slices and layer along edge to create a border for presentation. Sprinkle cacao nibs all over.
- Let pie sit in freezer overnight.
- Remove pie from freezer for 1 hour, then slice. Place slices in fridge and let thaw for an additional hour. Take out immediately before serving.
Makes approximately 8 servings. Serve chilled.