Post by Megan Stulberg
(Posted in advance on our Instagram here)
I started a full-time office job soon after graduating university a few months ago. As much as I love what I do, I often end up living off of snacks throughout the day as a result! I’ve actually become quite addicted to the KIND maple glazed pecan and sea salt bars, which are sold at the convenience store in my building. I guess I liked the flavour combination so much that I accidentally turned it into one of my no-bake desserts.
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup raw walnuts, soaked overnight
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp raw pink mountain salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Press mixture firmly into cake or springboard pan lined with plastic wrap.
3. Top with additional pecan halves for presentation. Sprinkle a bit more salt on top if desired.
4. Leave pie overnight in freezer to set.
5. Remove from freezer, pop pie out of pan and slice. Pie will stay soft when frozen, so serve chilled.