Post by Aine Davis
Whenever it’s raining I just want to stay indoors, cuddle up with my cat, and eat comfort food. This super easy (and healthy!) broccoli soup feels like a big hug from mother nature. Almost every ingredient is a pantry staple, so I didn’t even have to make a trip to the grocery store to make it. It’s packed with B12, iron and protein, and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, diced
- 5 cups organic broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free vegetable broth + 1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- In a large pot, sauté 2 diced shallots and 3 minced garlic cloves on medium heat in coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add salt, pepper, and dijon. Sauté for an additional few minutes until flavours are incorporated.
- Add broth. Let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add almond milk and broccoli. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add remaining shallots and minced garlic. Let simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
- Blend and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.