Post by Alexandra Courts
You know that scene in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World when Scott tells Ramona that everything is “peaches and gravy”? That’s a pretty gross combination. Peaches and cream is totally the opposite, I promise.
For the base…
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flax (optional)
For the cake…
- 3 medium peaches, skinned
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup raw agave/100% maple syrup
- Blend raw walnuts, shredded coconut, hemp seeds and ground flax together. Add soaked dates to mixture and continue to blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch spring cake pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Set aside in freezer.
- Blend raw cashews, agave and coconut milk until smooth.
- Pour half of the cake mixture over crust in pan and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While waiting, add peaches to remaining mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour peach layer over top of cashew coconut layer.
- Ensure cake is levelled before placing in freezer to set for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Thaw cake in fridge 1 hour before serving.
- Top with shredded coconut and peach slices before serving, if desired.