Post by Megan Stulberg
For the first time ever, I found a gluten-free baguette (a rare find) that doesn’t also contain egg (an even rarer find). Needless to say, I went home and ate the whole thing in one sitting. I have no regrets.
- 1 Aidans gluten-free baguette
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I used Earth Balance brand)
- 1 1/2 cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 nori (seaweed) sheets, crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp dill
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut baguette lengthwise and spread each half evenly with vegan butter.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil, bake baguette in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden in colour.
- While baguette is in oven, place chickpeas, seaweed, garlic powder, EVOO and dill in food processor and pulse quickly to loosely combine.
- Add onion, celery, sea salt and black pepper to mixture and combine with spoon.
- While baguette is still hot, fill one half with “tuna”. Add a couple big dollops of vegan mayo, place other baguette half on top, slice and enjoy immediately!
Makes 2 sandwiches and tons of leftover “tuna”.