Post by Megan Stulberg
Another (delicious) raw cheesecake recipe from Vegan Girlfriend? Shocker! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and soaked 1 hour
- 1 cup raw walnuts, soaked 1 hour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- Dash of almond milk, as desired
- Water, as needed
- Make crust by using food processor to chop walnuts and dates until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture evenly (and tightly packed) into deep cake pan lined with plastic wrap. Set aside in freezer.
- Combine cashews, lemon juice, coconut, oil, syrup and almond milk in food processor until creamy in consistency. Pour 3/4 of mixture on top of crust and leave 1/4 in food processor. Set pan back in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add blueberries and water to food processor. Continue blending until a thick liquid is formed.
- Pour blueberry garnish directly onto cheesecake. Use chopstick or fork to shift mixture to create a swirl pattern.
- Leave in freezer overnight to set. Place in refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving to thaw.
Serve chilled. Makes 1 cheesecake (approximately 6-8 slices).