Post by Megan Stulberg
I’m not sure why I’ve been craving salt so much lately. I mean, I’ve looked into it. I’m either dehydrated, have low-functioning adrenal glands or am just extremely hormonal most of the time. It’s probably the latter and I’m going with it.
For the cookies…
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pink crystal salt
For the icing…
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of pink crystal salt
- Drain walnuts and pecans.
- In high-speed blender or food processor, combine walnuts, pecans, cacao, coconut, maple syrup, oil, vanilla and salt until thick mixture begins to form.
- Line baking sheet with plastic wrap. Roll “dough” into small balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten tops slightly with fork.
- Set baking sheet aside in freezer for now.
- Blend dates, coconut oil, water and salt together until creamy in consistency. Be careful not to over blend! Place in bowl and leave in fridge for 1 hour.
- Once icing has set, place a dollop on the centre of each cookie. Top each with an extra sprinkle of salt, if desired.
- Leave in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer half hour before eating.
Serve chilled. Makes 10 cookies.