Post by Alexandra Courts
- 1 gluten-free all purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, coconut sugar and baking powder) in large bowl.
- *Make flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp hot water in small bowl. Set mixture aside for 5 minutes to set.
- Add non-dairy milk to dry mix and whisk together until smooth. Add flax and whisk until combined to thicken batter.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Scoop or pour batter onto pan, using approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. When brown on one side, flip and continue cooking. Repeat step and cook each pancake individually with remaining batter.
- To make chocolate sauce: Melt coconut oil in microwave or stovetop. Add maple syrup and raw cacao powder, then whisk together until smooth. Allow sauce to cool entirely.
- Serve pancakes hot with chocolate drizzle poured on top, as well as additional garnishes if desired (shredded coconut and fresh raspberries shown in photo).
Serve immediately. Makes approximately 6 pancakes (2 servings)