By contributor Alexandra Courts
If you crave chocolate as much as I do (probably impossible, but let’s go with it) then it’s always a good idea to have something sweet on hand. Make a batch of these and tuck a few into the freezer in case of emergency!
For the brownie…
- 2.5-3 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp flax meal
For the frosting…
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Water, as needed
- In a high-speed blender or food processor chop dates, almonds, cacao, flax meal, and hemp seeds until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch square cake pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Set in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Separately process dates, cacao, syrup and water until smooth and spreadable.
- Remove cake pan from freezer. Slice, then slather icing on top of each brownie.
- Finish up these beauties with any toppings you like! I paired mine with shredded coconut and fresh raspberries.