Recipe by Alexandra Courts
It’s about time that we posted sometime pumpkin-related! Ditch your Starbucks PSL (wow, what a pity) and make these sweet treats instead.
For the blondie base….
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
- 2 1/2 cups dates, soaked if desired
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
For the pumpkin cheesecake filling…
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (including coconut oil at the bottom of the can)
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- Blend macadamia nuts, dates, coconut and flax until thoroughly ground and incorporated. Press mixture into the base of an eight-inch square cake pan lined with wide strips of parchment paper. Ensure that base is flat to form an even crust.
- Blend cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth and creamy in consistency. Add more agave if necessary to further smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling onto base and allow blondies to freeze for 1-2 hours or overnight if possible. If freezing overnight, allow blondies to thaw at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with toppings of choice. Pictured is a dash of cinnamon and shredded unsweetened coconut.
Enjoy! Makes approximately 12 blondies.