Recipe by Megan Stulberg
Okay, can we just take a moment and appreciate the fact that the majority of the recipes we post on here are healthy versions of normally *very* unhealthy desserts? Take this banana split, for example. It’s 100% raw, no-bake, gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. It truly is a wonderful time to be alive.
- 2 bananas, chopped and frozen overnight
- 1 banana, not chopped and not frozen overnight (so basically just a normal banana, okay?)
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream, left in fridge overnight
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw walnut crumbs
- 1 cherry, for garnish
- In a high-speed blender or food processor combine the frozen banana and raspberries together until a smooth, creamy consistency similar to soft serve ice cream has been reached. Scoop into a large bowl and set aside in freezer for now.
- To make the raw chocolate sauce: Combine raw cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and 1 tbsp of the vanilla extract until pourable. Set aside.
- To make the coconut whip: Open can of coconut milk and carefully separately the solidified coconut milk at the top from the coconut water at the bottom. Scoop the solidified coconut milk into bowl. Use electric beater to whip coconut cream with 1 tbsp vanilla extract and a touch more maple syrup if desired. Whip until soft peaks have formed.
- Remove “ice cream” from freezer. Slice banana in half, and place one on half on each end of dish. Top with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a dollop of coconut whip, then sprinkle raw walnut crumbs over whole dish. Finally, throw a cherry on top just for the hell of it.
Makes 1-2 servings. Serve cold.