Post by Alexandra Courts
The holidays are approaching, so we’ve come up with a recipe for a no-bake version of a very classic treat. Say hello to these cute and fiesty little gingerbread men… shaped like ninjas, because why not? All you’ll need to recreate this festive goodie is a handful of ingredients and a dehydrator. Keep on reading for the lowdown!
- 1 package Fred & Friends Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters (or standard gingerbread man-shaped cookie cutter)
- 1 dehydrator
- 1.5 cups dates (pitted and soaked overnight)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 0.5 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ginger
- Blend dates until a paste-like texture is formed. Set aside in small bowl while you complete next step.
- Blend raw almonds, rolled oats , flax and spices until a fine, ground texture has been reached. Combine with dates by folding “dough” repeatedly with hands.
- Roll out the combined mixture with rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper. Ensure that “dough”is at least of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutter to shape your cookies. Repeat the rolling process until all is used.
- Place the cookies in a dehydrator at 150 F for 2 hours.
Enjoy! Yields 10-12 cookies.