These parfaits were perfect! I’m good friends with Jenn McNaughton, fashion blogger extraordinaire. Seriously though, check out her work at ethcsofstyl.com. Jenn recently interviewed me for the Ryersonian, and we discussed how the Human Rights Commission of Ontario has legally recognized veganism as an ideology with protection against discrimination. I headed over to Jenn’s apartment last Saturday, equipped with groceries and a hearty appetite, to whip up these treats for Jenn to photograph to accompany the article.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries,chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh whole blueberries
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 9 tbsp (0.56 cups) white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakesDirections…
- Whisk together almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla in large bowl or plastic storage container.
- Add chia seeds by the tbsp, stirring vigorously with spoon to prevent unwanted clumping.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and leave in fridge overnight.
- Next morning, stir chia pudding then place back in fridge for 1-2 additional hours to help it further thicken.
- When ready to serve, scoop chia pudding into mason jars by the tbsp. Layer with fresh fruit and coconut flakes, or simply add after as toppings.
Serve chilled. Makes 2 meal servings or 4 snack servings. Enjoy!