Recipe by Megan Stulberg
Los Angeles has this crazy effect on me where all I want to do while I’m here is eat junk food and sleep in. That being said, making these nachos just had to happen! Super easy to make if you want a lazy but filling snack to share with a pal. Also, please note that I’m a total DUMMY and took these photos before adding the vegan sour cream, tomato, guacamole and green onions. Total food blogger faux-pas, derp.
- 2-4 heaping cups lightly salted corn tortilla chips, organic if possible
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 package Beyond Meat “chicken” strips
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart pepper jack and cheddar shreds
- 2 heaping tbsp refried pinto beans
- 2 heaping tbsp sliced black olives, canned is fine
- Dollop of Tofutti sour cream (not pictured)
- OPTIONAL: additional chopped tomato, green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Plop some sort of cooking oil (olive or coconut is best) to prevent sticking.
3) Lay tortilla chips down in a relatively flat layer on aluminum foil.
4) Sprinkle pepper jack and cheddar shreds evenly across chips.
5) Add sliced black olives, refried beans and Beyond Meat.
6) Bake in oven 15-20 minutes, or until all the “cheese” melts. All ovens will vary so check on nachos every few minutes.
7) While nachos are baking, make the guacamole by mashing up the avocado with a fork and adding the lime juice, chopped onion, tomato, salt and pepper.
8) Remove baking sheet from oven. Scoop nachos onto plate. Add guacamole, salsa verde, vegan sour cream, green onions and additional chopped tomato if desired.
Enjoy! Serve hot hot hot. Makes 2 servings.