Recipe by Aine Davis
Honestly, I’m pretty boring when it comes to breakfast. Every morning I have granola and almond milk or granola and vegan yogurt, or if I’m feeling a little adventurous, hummus on sourdough. Exciting. Every day. Wow. But I recently had a friend stay with me for a few nights and I wanted to impress her with my ~cooking skills~, so I whipped up this quick and healthy breakfast in less than 30 minutes so we still had time to go see the beautiful blossoming Sakura Trees in High Park. Here’s my recipe for my quick and easy breakfast fajitas:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red onions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Slice bell peppers and onions into long, thick strips.
- In a large pan, heat avocado oil on high heat. Once the pan is very hot, stir in the bell peppers and onions. It’s going to be very hot so make sure to stir often so it doesn’t burn!
- Stir in soy sauce, adobo seasoning, garlic powder and juice of half a lemon.
- Once cooked to your desired texture (I like the peppers to have a little bite and to be a little blackened), remove from heat and top with cilantro and scallions.
- Serve on your favourite corn tortillas with favourite sauces! I like mine with Mad Mexican Chunky Guacamole and Valentina Hot Sauce. Enjoy!