By contributor Megan Stulberg
(Posted in advance on our Instagram here)
This was the first thing I devoured on Valentine’s Day morning after doing a 3-day juice cleanse! I paired this homemade strawberry cashew cream dip with some banana goji brittle from Live Organic Raw and a vanilla pop tart from Bunner’s.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup organic raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, room temperature
- Combine all ingredients in a food-processor/blender until thoroughly combined.
- Let mixture set in freezer for 1 hour, then move to refrigerator.
- That’s it! Use as a spread, dip, icing, anything.
Serve chilled. Keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
By Megan Stulberg
A cruelty-free version of the pub favourite! It’s like we’re making boneless chicken wings but also wingless. Oh, and chickenless.
For the “wings”…
- 1/2 head of cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour of your choice
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of chili powder
- Dash of salt
- Dash of agave nectar
For the dip…
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Coat cauliflower chunks in almond milk and flour. Spread out evenly on a lined baking sheet and leave in oven at 450F for 20 minutes.
2) While cauliflower is roasting, whisk together sriracha, water, coconut oil, lemon juice, olive oil, agave nectar and spices in large mixing bowl.
3) Toss roasted cauliflower in sauce until thoroughly covered. Replace lining on baking sheet, spread cauliflower chunks out evenly again, and continue roasting in the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until browned. Be careful not to undercook.
4) Blend cashews, lemon juice and nutritional yeast in food processor until a creamy consistency has been reached. Add water if needed.
Serve hot! Makes 2 servings.