Post by Alexandra Courts
I used to love strawberry rhubarb pie growing up! I realized recently though that what I was really crazy about was the filling, so why not skip the entire crust hassle and opt for a mouthwatering, warm, gooey crumble instead? You’re welcome in advance.
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups rolled gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds, nerds)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal (ground flax seed, NERDS!)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Optional but highly recommended: Coconut whip, use Meg’s VGF recipe for it here.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an 8″ round ceramic baking dish lightly with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the chopped strawberries, chopped rhubarb and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Place the first bowl’s ingredients into the ceramic baking dish, then top with the second bowl’s ingredients.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown. Oven times will vary, so check regularly to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven. Allow crumble to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop crumble into bowls and top with dollop of coconut whip immediately before serving.
Enjoy! Serve warm. Makes 2 servings.