By contributor Megan Stulberg
Considering the frequency at which I eat them, tacos really should classify as their own food group.
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- 1 250g package tempeh (I used red pepper flavour)
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup raw kimchi
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Wash all vegetables and dry thoroughly.
- Slice tempeh into thin strips. Combine soy sauce and nutritional yeast in a small bowl, then marinate tempeh strips in mixture for 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil a medium saucepan. On high heat, fry tempeh until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- In same saucepan, cook onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté.
- Fill tortillas with tempeh and mushrooms, then top with kimchi, spinach and sprouts.
Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings (3 tacos each).