By contributor Megan Stulberg
I’m constantly on-the-go and as a result, end up eating at least one or two snack/protein bars a day. I always opt for the healthiest brand available but I’m trying to eliminate ingredients like tapioca syrup and puffed rice crisps from my diet entirely. So, I tried making my own grain-free bars instead!
- 1 cup pitted parnoosh dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds Directions…
- 1) In a food processor or high-speed blender, thoroughly combine dates, almonds and agave.
- 2) Pour mixture into separate bowl. Add goji berries, cacao nibs and various seeds. Stir together with a large spoon until incorporated.
- 3) Line small baking sheet or large plate with plastic wrap.
- 4) Scoop 1 or 2 large spoonfuls of mixture onto sheet. Use hands to mold into rectangular bar shape.
- 5) Repeat step 4 with rest of mixture.
- 6) Place sheet in freezer for 4 hours, then move to fridge for 1 hour before serving. Once the bars have set, wrap each individually in plastic wrap for storage and travel.
Makes approximately 8 bars.