Post by Alexandra Courts
Got some unused mason jars kicking around your kitchen? Of course you do! Everybody does! Pop the lids off and follow this recipe to achieve greatness.
- 2 cups dates, soaked
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk (canned)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup raw blue agave
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
FOR THE SALTED CARAMEL BASE…
- Blend together 1/2 cup raw cacao powder, dates, walnuts and shredded coconut together until combined.
- Press mixture into base and sides of each mason jar lid, keeping middles low to be filled momentarily. Set aside.
FOR THE NEXT LAYER…
- Blend cashews, 1/2 cup agave and coconut milk together until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Spoon filling into the centres of each mason jar lid. Set tarts in freezer while you prepare the next layer! So many layers.
FOR THE RAW CHOCOLATE TOPPING…
- Whisk together melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup agave and 1/4 cup raw cacao powder. Cool in fridge for 1 hour, then spoon a dollop onto each tart. Finish with a pinch of salt
- Let tarts set in freezer overnight, then thaw at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Serve chilled. Enjoy! Makes approximately 12 servings.