Post by Alexandra Courts
For the Chocolate Cookies :
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
For the Raspberry “Cheesecake” Filling:
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Chopped pistachios (for topping)
- For the cookies blend the shredded coconut, raw cacao, raw almonds, and salt in a food processor until a fine crumble forms. Add in the dates and blend until combined.
- Press the cookie mix into an 8″ cake pan lined with plastic wrap. Ensure that you have made a flat layer of cookie. Allow the mix to cool a bit in the freezer before pressing them with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Once you have made all of your heart-shaped cookies, place them in a dehydrator for about an hour (125 degrees Fahrenheit).
- For the “cheesecake”, blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour and evenly distribute the mix in a separate or the same 8″ cake pan lined with plastic wrap. Place mix into the freezer for about 1-2 hours (or until you are able to work with it).
- Once frozen, press the mix into hearts using the heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Once the cookies are out of the dehydrator (they should still be soft), sandwich the heart-shaped cheesecake filling between two pieces of cookie. Place each sandwich in the freezer.
- For the chocolate coating, melt down the coconut oil on low heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Dip one side of the sandwich in the chocolate. Sprinkle your toppings of choice onto the chocolate (chopped pistachios are pictured). Repeat for every sandwich and allow them to freeze.
- Now they’re ready to enjoy! Mmmm.
Makes 6-8 sandwiches, depending on the size of your cookie cutter.